Do you want to be a part of the behind-the-scenes action at the LCVA? Do you want to connect with others who share your interest in the visual arts? Volunteer!
Our volunteers come from a wide cross-section of our community, and we have volunteer opportunities for people in all stages of life. We appreciate the energy and enthusiasm our volunteers bring to LCVA.
An academic background in art or art history is NOT required, but a love for the arts is. Become a part of the positive impact LCVA has in our community.
Roles for Volunteers
- Gallery Attendants are the public face of LCVA. Gallery attendants greet visitors, monitor galleries, and coordinate visitor services with LCVA staff.
- Education Assistants assemble materials for workshops, classes, and activities, as well as assist with school tours. These volunteers also staff art-making stations during community events, such as our Free Family Workshops and the Heart of Virginia Festival.
- Exhibition Assistants work with our exhibitions team on interior wall painting, pedestal construction, display movement, and other exhibition set-up activities.
- Administrative Assistants are invaluable in their support of our day-to-day operations. These much-loved volunteers participate in all LCVA administrative areas, including handling press clippings, museum mailings, and file management.
- Special Project Assistants work on events, outreach activities, and special displays throughout the year. Special Projects are generally one-time activities that require a high number of volunteers for success.
Are you ready to become part of LCVA's team of volunteers?
Already an LCVA Volunteer?
THANK YOU for making LCVA what it is – and what it will become.